Before we know it, we’ll almost be in spring. Soon we can ditch the jumper, coat and boots, and swap them for sandals, shorts and dresses. So, it’s time to prepare that summer body. Juices and smoothies can be an alternative to detox diets, as they help us lose weight and drain fluids. And when the warm weather arrives, who doesn’t fancy a cold juice?
Juices and natural milkshakes are all the rage, they’re not a new arrival. We’re even a bit tired of seeing photos of people drinking green juices on social networks. But there are still many people who don’t include them in their daily diet.
Detox juices help to purify the body and maintain our figure. In addition, the combination of different fruits and vegetables is the perfect way to lead a healthy and balanced diet. This is the Samsara Healthy Holidays philosophy.
Whether you want to lose weight or lead a healthy lifestyle, juices have become the best way to consume fruit and veg quickly, comfortably and easily. In addition, they give you a lot of nutrients and vitamins, especially if eat them raw.
So, grab your blender and get down to work. In Majorca we are lucky enough to have a wide variety of fresh local fruit and vegetables. We’ll share some healthy juices made with local products, so that you can stay in shape and take care of yourself both inside and out.
- Sóller oranges, carrots and celery: This tasty juice is also diuretic, because celery helps you eliminate fluids and end stomach swelling. Both oranges and carrots will help you get a more natural brush.
- Sóller oranges, soy milk and lemon juice: with this refreshing juice you will get 240% of the recommended amount of vitamin C.
- Tomato, cucumber and celery juice: on the island we have a wide variety of tomatoes that contain a lot of water and are very rich in nutrients. The juices made with these tomatoes, not only help you lose weight, they are also antioxidant.
- Melon juice: melon is a fruit characterized by the amount of water it contains. In summertime in Mallorca, we have many different varieties of tasty melon. Melons are moisturizing, antioxidants, diuretic and contain loads of vitamins. In addition, it has infinite combinations which as just as delicious as eating it alone. Dare to mix it with celery or spinach. Or you can opt for something more traditional like apple. All are mouth-wateringly delicious!
- Watermelon and peppermint juice: despite what you might think, watermelon doesn’t contain much sugar. But similar to Melons, what it does contain is a lot of water. 90% to be exact, which means it doesn’t have any calories. This makes it the ideal antioxidant, diuretic and vitamin supply. Simply mixing it with a little peppermint helps you get a refreshing, delicious juice.
With the abundance of fruit and vegetables we harvest in Mallorca, why not take advantage of them? Juices are one of the best ways to include them in our daily diet. And it is one of the best ways to get a healthy body inside and out, since fruits and vegetables provide many vitamins, minerals and fibre.
If want to know more about healthy local products which should be included in your diet, download our ebook and take note.