Holidays are beneficial and very necessary for our physical and mental health, but time goes very fast and before we know it, we are back to our daily routine.
After a few days of rest, not being aware of the time, relaxing, without any worries, resting on the beach or sightseeing, getting back to our daily chores can be very hard.
That is why today, we would like to share with you some tips on how to avoid post-vacation syndrome and at the same time, how to have a smooth transition from vacation to routine.
- Go for a walk. Move your body, either returning to your pre holiday exercise routine or going for a walk on home from work. This habit will make your return to the routine more pleasant and also will help you disconnect and breathe fresh air. Remember that walking and exercising is very beneficial for your body and mind.
- Watch out for your diet. If this summer you have treated yourself but you want to go back to the good eating habits, it is time to eliminate the bad eating habits. Include foods that provide energy for your return to the routine, introduce fruits and vegetables, fish and legumes. They will provide you with with extra energy and vitamins.
- Be flexible with your obligations and yourself. The adaptation period in these cases is very important and with it, your tasks, appointments, commitments, etc … Try to go back to your normal pace and as the days progress introduce gradually your chores. Prioritize tasks and objectives, don’t lose focus and go forward little by little.
- A positive attitude. Facing chores with a good mentality and a positive attitude can make a big difference in your everyday life. It is much easier and more productive for your mind to focus on the good moments of the day than thinking about what is pending or what has not gone as expected.
- Organize and plan your new vacation or maybe start new projects. Being excited is the key to maintaining a positive attitude and to remain motivated.
- Sleep for at least 8 hours and rest properly. It is important to not go to bed too late during the first days in order to decreese the tiredness of returning to the routine. Try to relax before sleeping or even doing some meditation exercises in a quiet environment, breathing, without noise, controlling our thoughts and going for positive ideas.
- Time for yourself. Find the time to do those things you like so much, go for a walk near the sea, meet with your friends, meditate or enjoy your own hobbies.
Incorporating these small habits and customs into your daily routine will make things much easier.