During your weight loss break in Spain you can do a lot more than just getting rid of those extra kilos you want to lose. Mallorca’s setting offers a long list of options which allow you to enjoy paradise in your preferred way. The beach being a must among these many choices as this is where you can also get a flawless tan.
A flattering golden skin tone is one of the gifts provided by the island thanks to the marvellous sunshine we enjoy 300 days a year. But for a perfect tan, you can also turn to certain foods that will help you keep your tan longer without damaging your skin. Furthermore, they are all very healthy foods that will go well with your diet. Another advantage is that you can also have them in delicious smoothies. With so many choices you will be more than ready to accomplish a perfect tan.
- Tomatoes, watermelon, strawberries and cherries. Tomatoes, watermelons, strawberries and cherries are all ideal foods for helping you tan because, in addition to providing vitamin C, which has antioxidant properties, strengthens the immune system and makes your skin glow, they also provide vitamin A, which protects the skin’s suppleness and helps fight against it looking dehydrated. They also provide lycopene, a very effective photoprotective antioxidant that keeps the skin looking radiant.
- Red fruits, red wine and tea. These three products provide polyphenols, bioactive nutrients that, in addition to other functions, combat the signs of premature aging. They prevent the spread of free radicals caused by external factors, and therefore assist in keeping our skin healthy and luminous, leading the way to a perfect tan.
- Carrots. Carrots are the food most associated with tanning, and the reason for this is that they encourage the production of melanin, which is what gives our skin a tan through melanocytes. These are activated after exposure to the sun and at the same time protect our skin from ultraviolet rays. A must in your diet which will also bring the added benefit of helping you to achieve a stunning skin tone.
- Spinach. Although its effects are not as well-known as those of carrots, spinach is also very rich in beta-carotene, a substance that encourages tanning as well as making your suntan last longer. The secret to this is because beta-carotene is a key element of vitamin A, which is why it is also known as pro-vitamin A, containing antioxidant and regenerative properties.
- Strawberries, oranges, grapefruit, kiwi. All foods rich in vitamin C are a great help when it comes to maintaining a perfect tan because they help to slow down the free radicals responsible for premature skin aging. It can be found in most fruits but especially in strawberries or citrus fruits such as oranges, grapefruit and kiwi.
- Blue fish and nuts. The omega-3 fatty acids found predominantly in oily fish and products such as olive oil and nuts are excellent for suntanning as they improve the elasticity of cell membranes and balance the hormones in charge of hydration and fat deposits in the dermis. Olive oil and nuts also have vitamin E, which has an important antioxidant action.
If you would like to know what you should eat to stay young looking and beautiful, click here: