Do you want to show off a pair of pretty legs this summer? Would you like to have firm and toned thighs? Don’t stress, doing a thousand hours in the gym or running a marathon, because toning up your thighs and flaunting gorgeous legs this summer, is possible with the tricks we teach at Samsara Healthy Holidays. Grab a pen.
It is true that fat tends to accumulate in the thighs and that it is often quite difficult to trim this part of the body. But, with a little effort and the right exercises, it is possible to achieve toned and beautiful legs.
It is always better, however, to combine these exercise sessions with some type of sporting activity. Cardiovascular exercises will help you lose weight and stay in shape. Walking, running, cycling or swimming 40 minutes, three times a week, ensures you burn fat and is an extra help in achieving your main goal: slimming down your thighs.
To keep your thighs firm and slender, it is important to bear in mind that you need to work both the outside and inner sides of the thigh. By practicing these exercises, which you can do either at home or in the gym, you will be able to achieve slim, toned legs for sure.
- Squats and even more squats. It is the least liked exercise, but it’s the best way to tone your thighs. You can start slowly and gradually increase the intensity. To work on the inner thigh, do the squats with your feet placed slightly apart. For a more dynamic workout, move from side to side as well, instead of just doing the upward/ downward movement. To finish off, hold the position for ten seconds.
- Lateral foot lift. Stay on your feet. Raise one of your legs to the side and bend your supporting leg slightly. Alternate between left and right legs. Repeat the exercise ten times, first with one leg and then with the other.
- Scissors. Lying on your back on the floor, place your hands under your buttocks. Do scissor movements with your legs, quickly alternating right and left legs. In addition to working your legs, you will give your abdomen muscles a workout too.
- Lateral lift from the floor. Lie on your side on the floor with your legs straight and raise one leg to a height of 60 degrees, while keeping the other leg flat on the floor. Lower the leg slowly, keeping it straight, without touching the other leg. Change sides and repeat the exercise with the other leg.
- Bounces. Start in a squatting position and place your hands on the ground in front of you. Once you are in a stable position, and keeping one leg bent, stretch the other leg behind you. Bounce gently, interchanging the leg you stretch out behind you. After you have finished, perform the same routine, but this time slide your leg to one side instead of behind you. This exercise will work the inner thighs.
Start doing your routine now for a perfect body this summer. Put these exercises into practice a couple of times a week and this summer you will be flaunting a pair of attractive, perfectly shaped legs.