Vegetables, fruit and salad. If that’s all you eat when you decide you want to lose weight, you are making the mistake of falling into the boredom trap and thinking that dieting is just a grind. Nevertheless, it doesn’t have to be… Creativity is key in the kitchen 😉
Boredom is one of the worst enemies when on a diet, trying to lose weight. If you eat the same thing every day, you’ll soon get fed up with it and you will most likely give up before achieving your goal. That’s why it’s so important to be creative when planning your menus. We know it’s not easy, so here are a few tips to help you and to prevent your diet from becoming boring:
- There are many varieties of fruit and vegetables on offer. Try to vary ingredients making sure you are not always eating the same kinds of food. Enjoy fresh, seasonal produce and try to introduce new ingredients into your diet every week. For instance, autumn is the time of year for blackberries and these fruits benefit the body in countless ways, as we have explained in this post. Make the most of them and add them to some of your meals. 😉
- Multiple ways of preparing and cooking food. You can make salads, soups, garnishes and shakes so you are not always using the same ingredient in the same way. For example, if you are going to have vegetables as a side dish, one day you can boil them, another day grill them and the next day steam them. Varying the types of vegetables each time as well, of course.
- Use spices to give your dishes a touch of flavour. Particularly those that stimulate your metabolism, such as ginger, cumin or pepper, as they are a perfect ally for weight loss diets. You can also use aromatic herbs such as basil or mint.
- Experiment in the kitchen. Adapt your favourite recipes and turn them into healthy dishes so you can create your own recipe book. There is never a bad time to try out a new recipe and you will find some great suggestions on our blog.
- Pay attention to presentation. We also eat with our eyes and, sometimes, we can keep boredom at bay by doing something as simple as plating and presenting food differently each time.
- Google is a friend. When your muses fail to inspire you, don’t hesitate in having a look online for guidance.
- [If asked, we’ll deny telling you this] Be flexible. It doesn’t hurt if now and then (not too often, naturally) you cheat on your diet and give yourself a treat.
So, to get through a diet successfully, the key is to avoid boring menus and tasteless dishes. If you don’t want to die while trying, we recommend opting for healthy and flexible diets that give better results and help create healthier eating patterns.
If you are not sure if you are truly ready to go on a diet, download our e-book and you’ll have no doubts about it!